At Congregation Sons of Israel, our goal is to keep our kids happy and involved in worthwhile programs. We also know that when kids are happy, parents are happy! On Shabbat and holidays, we have programs for children of all ages. We draw upon the talent of older kids and adults in the synagogue to lead our programs and serve as positive role models. We are always open to new ways to strengthen and increase our offerings so that we can continue to be a leader in the area of youth programming.
For more specific information, contact our assistant rabbi, Rabbi Shalom Shapiro, at firstname.lastname@example.org
OUR YOUTH PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
• On Shabbat mornings: Babysitting, Tot Shabbat, Junior Congregation, Boys Mishnah, and Girls Parsha Class.
• SIP - Our New Shabbat Incentive Program
• Bnei Akiva
• Regualr teen Shabbat morning minyan; teen seuda shlishit.
• Movie nights and other social programs for kids.
• Holiday celebrations for kids.
• The Politz Day School of Cherry Hill, which shares the campus with Congregation Sons of Israel, offers a full preschool with day care options starting at age 2 through eighth grade. The school also hosts social and holiday programs throughout the year for all ages. For more information, see www.politz.org or call the school at (856) 667-1013.
• Other local Jewish institutions, including the Community Kollel, Mesivta Beit Dovid Yeshiva, Chabad, and the JCC, have learning and other programs and camps for children. Cherry Hill Township has excellent arts, sports, and adventure camps, many children’s programs, and musical shows under the stars every week in the summer. Cherry Hill’s beautiful new library also provides storytime and other kids activities. The Discovery Museum, Adventure Aquarium, and Battleship NJ are but a few of the popular local children’s attractions (and then there’s nearby Philadelphia too!).